Seattle Location Fishing Charter
All fishing charters now depart from Seattle Washington.
When you book you should receive confirmation emails and/or texts confirming the exact location.
All of our charters depart from SEATTLE at Shilshole Bay Marina, Dock S. (Or dock R with Jason)
Our SEATTLE LOCATION is at;
The Captain will meet you at the entrance gate. (usually Dock S, check your confirmation email or text) PARKING IS FREE in the row CLOSEST TO THE STREET ONLY
Captain Carl's boat is named "Fishwitch", Departs from Shilshole Bay Marina at 7501 Seaview Ave. NW, Seattle 98117, Dock "S" approximately 6 miles north of downtown, in Seattle's Ballard District. Captain Dale's boat is "Ruby D"
To Get There (Taxis should take Hwy 99 or Elliott/15th Ave, see "supplemental" at bottom)
- From Interstate 5 take N 85th ST exit. (exit #172 is about 5 1/2 miles north of Downtown Seattle, 3.5 miles north of hwy 520 and 7 miles north of Interstate 90))
- Head West on 85th. ( The off ramp will send you west, do not take 80th )
- Stay on 85th about 3.2 miles through all lights until it ends at an oddly shaped 4 way stop.
- At the end of 85th take a RIGHT onto 32nd Ave NW/Golden Gardens Drive.
- Head down the winding road through the park to the bottom of the hill until you go under the train tracks. (low clearance, no RV's or Semi Tractors, call for optional route)
- After going under the tracks take a LEFT at the stop sign onto Seaview Ave NW.
- Drive about 2 blocks south going past the public boat launch and the Little Coney burger stand and take a RIGHT into Shilshole Bay Marina . Start looking for Dock entry gate "R-S" identified by orange letters over the gates.
- Docks in the marina are in alphabetical order A through X, you are going to dock "S" near the north end of the marina. (to the right if you are looking at the water)
- Parking is free in the row closest to the street. Other rows you could get towed. Or you may park on the street for free. Afternoon weekend charters may encounter fewer available parking spaces. There is a larger free parking area to the left of the brown central marina building.
- THE GATE IS LOCKED. Please come to the R-S entry gate The captain will come and open the gate for you at check in time. Please do not call out or make loud noise in the early morning. There are people living on their boats we would prefer to keep peace with.
- The FISHWITCH is located on Dock S. The guide's name is Carl. He will come to the gate when he sees that you arrived at the scheduled time.
If You have any trouble finding it or if you think you'll be more than 5 minutes late on a shared charter please call the Captain, Carl Nyman on his cell phone at (206) 632-2611.
- Bring food, drink and warm clothes, even in August. If you bring shorts then also bring pants. Water Temp 46 to 58 F
- Bring ID, Passport or Drivers License
* Camera, sunscreen and sunglasses may also be nice to have